Cortical.io is a young entrepreneurial company focusing on natural language understanding (NLU). We use our patented technology in combination with sophisticated AI approaches to address problems others have failed to solve. Over the last couple of years, we have built an impressive client portfolio of global Fortune 100 companies.
We are looking for a technical writer to work with our technical team from one of our three offices (Vienna, Austria; New York; or Silicon Valley).
Our technical documentation does not only consist of simple descriptions of user interface functions, as is so often the case in technical writing. Instead, the documents you will be responsible for explore different aspects of natural language and text processing, with the particular viewpoint provided by our proprietary technology, for a scientific, technical, or business audience.
The ideal candidate for this position already has experience as a technical writer and is familiar with essential software development terminology. If you also have an interest in linguistics and/or information retrieval, then you should send us your application!
- Native-level English with excellent written communication skills
As a technical writer, you will
- create and extend the technical documentation of our software products as well as manage updates and revisions
- gather and analyze the information needs of users
- develop training material, FAQs, and how-to guides
- collaborate with software developers to verify and update technical content
- contribute to the preparation of statements of work and other business documents
- answer occasional technical enquiries from our users
- test and improve the usability of front-end products
- write or edit contributions for our website, blog, conference submissions, white papers, and the like
- have a bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific field (preferably linguistics, computer science, or software development)
- have proven experience writing technical documentation, user manuals and training material
- be familiar with essential software development terminology
- have a wide experience with basic text-authoring tools, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- be able to quickly familiarize yourself with our domain (natural language and text processing)
- have a gift for explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner
- know how to adapt technical content to different audiences
- have a strong attention to detail
- be able to work both independently and as part of a team
It would be great if you also had
- Basic knowledge of:
- markup languages (e.g. HTML or AsciiDoc)
- version control systems (GitHub or similar)
- Ability to read code APIs and understand code documentation
- Basic experience with MacOs and Unix, especially the ability to execute given scripts
- Experience authoring business documents
- Interest in linguistics and/or information retrieval
What you’ll benefit from
- A competitive salary
- A generous benefit package
- A relaxed, diverse, and friendly work environment in a pleasant office with flexible working arrangements
- The option of telecommuting
- Joining an expanding company that is already working with many big-name clients
- An exciting collaborative team that nurtures learning and entrepreneurial thinking
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your details (cover letter and CV) to Marie-Pierre Garnier with the job title in the subject line.
Apply for this position
back to jobs overview