This position is closed!
Cortical.io is a young entrepreneurial company focusing on natural language understanding (NLU). We use our patented technology in combination with sophisticated AI approaches to address problems others have failed to solve. Over the last couple of years, we have built an impressive client portfolio of global Fortune 100 companies. At this point, we are looking to expand our team at our headquarters in Vienna.
The ideal candidates for this position have some experience in Java product development, machine learning, and/or natural language processing (NLP). If you are keen on learning new technologies and want to contribute to software solutions that solve challenging NLP problems, then you should send us your application!
• Good working proficiency in written and spoken English
• European Union citizenship or authorization to work in Austria
• Applying state-of-the-art NLP and machine-learning techniques to develop semantic solutions for large international businesses
• Developing our core NLU technology, e.g. our semantic search engine or classification module
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, AI, machine learning, information retrieval, or NLP
• Two or more years’ experience as a Java software engineer
• Basic knowledge of NLP
• Professional experience in Java product development
• Practical experience with
• Good communication skills to interact with technical and business people at all levels of customers’ organizations
• A master’s degree in computer science, AI, machine learning, information retrieval, or NLP
• Professional experience in NLP, machine learning, and/or information retrieval
• Experience with other programming languages, e.g. Scala, Python, Shell scripting
• Practical experience with NLP frameworks
• A competitive salary
• 25 vacation days a year, 13 public holidays, and the Austrian national health insurance and pension plan
• A relaxed, diverse, and friendly work environment in a pleasant office with flexible working arrangements
• The option of telecommuting occasionally
• The satisfaction of engineering successful machine-learning solutions where competing technologies have come up short
• Joining an expanding company that is already working with many big-name clients
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your details (cover letter and CV) to Alexandra Peyrer-Heimstätt with the job title in the subject line.Apply for this position back to jobs overview